Solutions in Health Analytics for Rural Equity across the Northwest
Helping public health leaders to identify and address social determinants of health and health disparities in the rural communities of the Northwest.
- Linked datasets: Provide data for decision-making
- Interactive Dashboards: Improve access to data
- Training: Increase capacity for data use and data-driven decision-making
What are Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)?
According to the World Health Organization: “The social determinants of health are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age. These circumstances are shaped by the distribution of money, power and resources at global, national and local levels. The social determinants of health are mostly responsible for health inequities - the unfair and avoidable differences in health status seen within and between countries.”
Recruiting Participants Now!
If you are a rural program manager or division director in one of the four states above, we need you to partner with us to develop and refine tools to support data use in decision-making for greater health equity.
Contact us to learn how you can get involved!
What are Health Disparities?
According to Healthy People: “Although the term disparities is often interpreted to mean racial or ethnic disparities, many dimensions of disparity exist in the United States, particularly in health. If a health outcome is seen to a greater or lesser extent between populations, there is disparity. Race or ethnicity, sex, sexual identity, age, disability, socioeconomic status, and geographic location all contribute to an individual’s ability to achieve good health. It is important to recognize the impact that social determinants have on health outcomes of specific populations.”
SHARE-NW focuses on 6 key focal areas of health disparities, identified by public health practitioners in rural jurisdictions across the Northwest:
Trainings: Coming Soon
- State of Alaska Department of Health & Social Services
- Idaho Association of Public Health District Directors
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- State of Washington Department of Health
- WA State Association of Local Public Health Officials
- Oregon Health Authority
- Oregon Coalition of Local Health Officials
- Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board